L. V. Lammert wrote:
On Fri, 6 May 2005, Abraham Al-Saleh wrote:

Yes, there's only so much I can do to keep everything redundant at
present, something that will change later when we have sufficient money,
a big concern is that someone might dig out our local loop with a back
hoe, nothing I can do about that at present. I'm just trying to minimize
as many risks as possible.

Why haven't you CoLo'd a set of backup servers? Doesn't cost much to have a rack on a backbone, .. you can even shop for one in a different part of the country/world.

        Lee

================================================ Leland V. Lammert [EMAIL PROTECTED] Chief Scientist Omnitec Corporation Network/Internet Consultants www.omnitec.net ================================================

Because, with the type of colocation we require, it DOES cost much. We can't stick our servers on a simple rack, we have to have cage space, and that costs more than a little. We store medical data, and HIPAA compliance (if you've ever heard of that?) is a bitch, to put it simply. What's worse is that many medical organizations misunderstand it, and put even more stringent practices that must be adhered to.

--
Cordially,

Abraham Al-Saleh Systems Administrator CaduRx