Jason Ackley wrote:
> Can you try turning on the debug flag to pppoe0 ?

Good advice, debug mode gives lots of useful output
also tcpdump on the parent interface, eg. 'tcpdump -nei fxp0 no ip'
helps.

> I just tested this in a lab setup and it would not connect unless the
> debug flag was set on the interface. The other side was a cisco and it
> seems that they could not get out of the configuration negotiation
> phase (cisco was never getting far enough along to authenticate via
> RADIUS server).
>
> If I had 'debug' set on the interface, it came up instantly.

now, this is not what the debug flag is intended for. it is also
not good for system logs, so instead of discussing such 'workarounds'
which, unfortunately live much longer than the bugs themselves.
I suggest we try to identify the problem.

> This was tested on 3.7-release kernel and a -current as of a day or so
> ago on i386 and amd64. I am checking my setup now to make sure all my
> boxes are in sync.

I can't see any problem report about this in my inbox
(which is quite a mess nowadays, so it is equally likely
that I missed it),

If you can spare some time to send me pppoe debug outputs,
tcpdumps with & without the debug flag, and if possible
logs/dumps from the cisco side, I we can do something
about the problem.

Can