Will H. Backman wrote:
About a week ago, I was trying to upgrade my dual boot laptop to 3.7.

I had to run the installer about 20 times to figure out my problem and
correct it.  In the process, I learned more about fdisk and disklabel
than I had ever needed to before, and I count that as a good thing. It
took no more than about 5 minutes each time to run the installer from
scratch to completion in each case.  Typing Ctrl-C and then "install"
when you make a mistake isn't that difficult.

I think the installer should be the last thing to go "user friendly".
OpenBSD is not point and click.  If you can figure out the installer, it
means you actually read instructions.  If you could install OpenBSD by
just clicking "Next", you would be in for a rough ride after.

Uh, I do not think so. The OpenBSD-installer is as easy as some gui-stuff, maybe much easier. Now blinking "Touch me"-Buttons, just straight work. I have done my first installation just without any documentation, it worked, but do not ask how the layout was :)

In my opinion not the user-friendly task is important, but the easy and fast setup-possibility. Sometimes I neeed just a raw installation with an anonymous ftp for backup up some machine in trouble or for fileserving some data for a temporary issue, for that cases I love OpenBSD (as for some other reasons).

Regards,

Thorsten