disable apm
quit

this is explained much better in boot_config(8).

On Jun 7, 2005, at 7:24 AM, Marius Van Deventer - Umzimkulu wrote:

You could test fot the idle loop issue by temporarily disabling apm0 on boot. I believe (correct me if I'm wrong0 that apm0 is the source of the
idle loop problem?

-----Original Message-----
From: Melameth, Daniel D. [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 07 June 2005 02:10 PM
To: OpenBSD Misc
Subject: Re: PPPoE Download Performance Woes

I've been hesitant to touch -current especially after a
hackathon.  Any
idea if the idle loop fix is in the i386 6/3 snapshot?

Marco Peereboom wrote:

Actually I looked at the dmesg and I am almost certain that this
machine has the idle loop issue.  Try -current or wait until brad@
commits the errata.

Melameth, Daniel D. wrote:

I've looked into this further and still cannot determine where
the issue lies.  Based on some advice, I unplugged the OpenBSD
machine and setup a Windows XP machine instead.  The Windows
native PPPoE client was able to download at 5.5Mb/s and the
OpenBSD machine was still stuck at
1.5Mb/s.