Some people on this list seem to have some anger management issues.
Some people not on this list seem to have some anger management issues.
Both statements true and both statements approximately equally relevant.

Overall, this list seems quite a friendly place, and if anything
is surprising, it is the reticence of many of the regulars.

A degree in "teaching computer science".
This is very good for teachers who know some computer science to teach
a lot of people something about computer science. In which case it is
probably beneficial that this big mass of humanity, who will never even
begin to understand the stuff, feel good about themselves.
This list cannot serve that purpose. That much is obvious, even if I
weren't lurking on the list. Whatever OpenBSD's goals or achievements,
mediocrity isn't in the list. Whatever they have achieved, they have
achieved with limited resources and according to their own priorities.
They are not so stupid as to let some outsiders set their priorities or
to tell them how they should behave.

Bluntly, at the low to mediocre end, how well the teacher teaches is what
matters. At the high end, it's strictly how well the teacher knows the
subject that matters. If you are after the high end, you tend to listen
to the best teacher, experience, which to the best of my knowledge, has
none of the finer social graces. Seems like OpenBSD, quite correctly,
caters to the high end. There are plenty of other avenues for the rest.

As for anger being expressed, I've seen too many times when the only way
that things do get fixed is when somebody gets mad enough to actually do
something about it. If a bit leaks around the fringes, seems like a very
small price to pay. Certainly nothing that an outsider (myself included)
has any right to complain about.

During my education I have been probably more fortunate than most in having
had a few good teachers. Looking back, seems like the only thing these good
teachers had in common was some kind of intensity or drive or belief in
what they were teaching. I find the same kind of stuff here, so I lurk here.