On Sat, 25 Jun 2005 09:21:08 -0600 (MDT) Steve Williams <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> This has worked until recently.  One of the Hospital sites has put in a
> CISCO Pix 506E and it's not behaving properly with ICMP redirects.  If I
> put a static route on the Windows PC, it works fine.

> The IT department at the hospital has said
> "Note: I had problem before, the PIX does not like to do "icmp redirect".
> Its work best and better security if the internal hub is a layer 3
> switch then you control the route policy/Access List from the layer 3
> switch."

"layer three switch" is marketing speak for a particular style of router.
you will probably want to look at increasing the sophistication of the
routing setup on your openbsd system.

the openbsd system will never be a "layer three switch", but it doesn't
need to be. it just needs to be a fancier router, which is quite a
reasonable thing to do.

without a bit more detail, it's hard to advise you on what path to take.

richard
--
Richard Welty                                         [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Averill Park Networking