Have you considered there might be a problem with the hardware and not
the OS. maybe memory has become faulty. Ive got 62 FreeBSD 5.4 Servers
running and they dont crash. Maybe you are using a piece of incompatible
hardward, or something may have started to show signs of becoming
faulty. Before you decide to rip out the OS and have potentially the
same problem with OpenBSD or NetBSD, be sure its not something other
then the OS. If you need some help in maybe trouble shooting the issue,
feel free to post the points here.