On 6/27/05, Matt Garman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I was thinking about that as well.  Has anyone installed OpenBSD on
> something like what these people sell:
>
>         http://soekris.com/
>
> Basically, if I had a dedicated firewall box, I'd like it to be as
> small and cool as possible.

take it, you won't regret it. as a firewall+nat-gateway these things are
very nice, don't break (you need no moving parts). an ideal
config-and-forget-box in a soho-type environment. i've also a hand
full running at some customers, with almost no maintenance
(only relevant patches). they run as nat/firewall, ipsec, dns-proxy,
dhcp-server, ntp-proxy and have plenty of ram and cycles to spare.
everything is in base included.

on the other hand, if you want to saturate a 100 mbit line, you
shouldn't take the net4501.

--knitti