--On 05 July 2005 08:11 -0500, imEnsion wrote:

hahaha. in one of my sleep deprived moments a couple years ago.. i was
messing with kernel compiles and such, when i mistakenly did... rm -rf
/etc instead of rm -rf etc

one reason to keep softdep turned off on / ;-)

Dragonfly have 'rm -I' (ask for confirmation if deleting >3 files or -r) which works very well. Used routinely (e.g. in an alias in login shells), I think it gives better protection than 'rm -i' since the prompt is rare enough you don't train yourself to confirm automatically.