I am trying to use console framework on laptops
that don't do X or cannot. I read thru the docs of
wscons & Co and found that some features
still dont work or are not documented. I have bundled
several questions :) I would like to ask:

1) Is the wsconsole framework dependent of NetBSD
development status and do features/bug fixing come
from
there? Or FreeBSD

2) I saw (man wsfontload) that console font can
be loaded once but cannot be changed without
destroying
old console and making new one. There are numerious
hacks on the Internet how to workaround this
problem...
Will it be enhanced in the near future?

3) Manual pages describe wsconsctl rather very poorly,
there are many settings that are not documented yet
or documented but not working :) Reference to the
source code is not counted - one could just issue
one global manual page like
     man 0 help: "see /usr/src..." :)))
My display does not wake up on mouse action but
keyboard does do it (all ctls settings are ok).

4) I would like to change mouse resolution of wsmoused
because working with touchpad is too difficult
on my Dell Inspiron 1150.
wsconsctl seems to know "resolution" keyword for
mouse but does not change anything. Wireless USB mouse
gives  "short read 4!=0" kernel message on boot
sometimes.

5) any unicode aware consoles in the future?

... Or should everybody get X running and use
console in 7 bit mode?

OT: I had a question about how to make console bell
not that loud. The best thing I tried is setting pitch
to 50 - nice sound and not threatening or annoying
anybody around. Currently I play with Inspiron 1150:
apm is not found, internal win modem replaced with
pcmcia 3com156.. will report as soon as get ppp done
:)
http://mail.yahoo.com