Hi,

probably a common situation to some people here:
I have an "ADSL-router", a box locked down by my ISP.
I could reset it, but then I'll lose the connection data.

Is there a way to connect my OpenBSD PC to it and
to sniff the data (esp. username, password) it sends?

The pppoe man page mentions, that it could "act as server",
but how to set it up? Which hardware is needed? Can I just
connect the router's "DSL" jack with a NIC on my PC?
If yes, should I take a crossover cable or a straight one?

Regards
Alex

PS: Don't worry about legal side - I haven't signed any
       agreements and I just want to forward the incoming
       ssh connections to an internal IP (and currently can't)