Melameth, Daniel D. wrote:
Rod.. Whitworth wrote:

Somebody sent me a query asking for a justification for my proposal to
supply a firewall/router using OpenBSD when there was thsi device:
http://www.dlink.com/products/?pid=327 , with all its claimed bells
and whistles.

Anybody know what, if anything, it does that an OBSD solution doesn't/
cannot, that may be important?

Or alternatively the reverse.

I'm certain I can think of lots of reasons, but with a few stout beers
in me, one of the first thoughts that comes to mind is how thankful you
will be when troubleshooting some firewall or related issue and you find
your "privsep'ed" tcpdump happily providing you with what you need to
have a better day.

And that troubleshooting would in all likely-hood be of your
configuration of said firewall and not the firewall itself.

Regards,
Ray