On Wed, 3 Aug 2005 11:03:23 +0200, Paul de Weerd wrote:

>On Wed, Aug 03, 2005 at 10:30:25AM +0200, Alexander Farber wrote:
>| Hi,
>|
>| I have 1 argument for D-Link and against OpenBSD:
>|
>| D-Link can DSL. OpenBSD can not. So you have to
>| buy at least a DSL modem for OpenBSD. And since you
>| are buying a DSL modem, why not add 20 Euros and
>| buy a DSL-router? At least for a small home network.
>
>I actually consider that a plus. Using a very simple DSL modem that
>does RFC1483 bridging, you can then have your router/firewall be
>redundant with CARP/pfsync. If the DSL modem breaks, you can easily
>replace it with another (cheap!). That means very little downtime in
>emergencies and no downtime when upgrading your OS.

Damn right. Modems (dial-up from old days, ADSL now are disposable and
best seen out where their lights tell me something.

Anyway 60EUR is more than I pay for a netcomm or zyxel (about $70AUD=
42 EUR)........

>From the land "down under": Australia.
Do we look <umop apisdn> from up over?

Do NOT CC me - I am subscribed to the list.
Replies to the sender address will fail except from the list-server.