On Sat, 06 Aug 2005 03:15:07 +0100
poncenby <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> just doesn't make sense. i wanted an answer within a day, didn't have
> time to read the man pages so posted a question to misc and got an
> answer (within a day).

What *you* want is rather irrelevant.

> When i post to misc I hope some kind folk will receive it in the manner
> intended (i.e. a newbie attempting to grasp a solid foundation in BSD
> concepts). Yes I realise I could gain this from reading every single man
> page but that is not realistic (maybe it is for people with nothing
> better to do at that time).

Ever heard of "apropos" and "man -k"?
And really, it's not THAT difficult to find the man page for syslogd...

> i run a box with openbsd in my spare time - i'm not going to pay for
> someone to do it for me.
If you dont want to pay I guess you'll just have to do your own homework, eh?

> it seems a lot of people assume that openbsd enthusiasts actually have
> an unlimited time to find the answers to every single question they will
> ever have.

It seems many people who post on misc@ seem to think the openbsd users exists
solely
to answer their questions, no matter how many time's they'e been answered
before.

---
Lars Hansson