On Wed, 10 Aug 2005, Ober Heim wrote:

> I never been able to boot a single bsd.rd for as long as sgi has been
> "supported". It tftps fine, but just like your cd error hangs at
> the "Setting up" portion of the boot you reference.
> 3.7 fails as does the snapshot.
> I also get the same error on latest cd37.iso and cd38.iso

I installed the last 3.7 snapshot this saturday with success. If I had
followed the INSTALL.sgi instruction I shouldn't have had any problems.
Booted from CD and installed sets via ftp.

The reason for me to to this was to test the newly added support for
"install software" in maintance mode.

The biggest problem was to find a terminal to hook to the com port on O2.
As the installation note says, if it isn't in the list it isn't supported.

-moj