On Tue, Aug 23, 2005 at 07:13:40PM +0200, Reyk Floeter wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 23, 2005 at 05:10:08PM +0200, Dimitri Georganas wrote:
> > Did you put this atheros card in one week ago? :)
> >
> > >ath0 at pci0 dev 16 function 0 "Atheros AR5212" rev 0x01: irq 11
> > >ath0: mac 80.9 phy 4.3 radio 3.6, 802.11a/b/g, FCC1A, address
> >

> btw.: could you also give us the exact product name (on the minipci card)?

It's a Senao 54g - but I will have to check for more detailed info tomorrow.

> > 3.7 would crash on ath0 with AR5212 in hostap mode every six hours or so.
<snap>
> > here yet in this dmesg.
> >

> there were two fixes for hostap mode and it works for me without
> problems in the driver.
>
> one issue got fixed on 2005/05/28 (ath.c 1.29). the problem was a
> hardware counter overflow after some traffic and an uncatched
> interrupt which indicated the overflow and required to clear the
> counter registers. the second problem was related to receive overruns
> in the rx descriptor chain, which had been fixed as well (ath.c 1.31
> 2005/07/19).

I checked 3.7 and found the card to freeze every several hours. Then I loaded a
early june (maybe late may) snapshot and it froze on ifconfig up. The main
difference I could see was the gpio being supported in the snapshot, something
that wsn't there in 3.7.  Maybe I got caught in between two fixes.

I haven't time in the next 10 days to play with it, but maybe Olivier can give
some feedback in case he tries the latest snapshot?

In case the problem remains and the card remains unemployed here I can send it
to Germany to pursue a new career as developer assisting hardware?

wq