hi

my laptop died in the most horrible way (it fell off from the desk ...) and I
had to replaced it so i bought a low price workstation. It came with an
integrated (*ugh*) via S3 unichrome chipset that is recognized by openbsd at
boot time. I tried starting an X session but it just hangs until i log into
another tty and kill the process, no error in Xorg's logfile ...

i've done some googling and found out that:

- some people reported that they have a working via S3 Unichrome under OpenBSD
  on their laptop/desktop station, but none explained wether it was only
  recognized or if it was also useable with X.

- there seems to be a Unichrome project that adds support for the chipset, but
  it seems like it's for Linux only (i'll investigate this when i get some
  sleep).

Please tell me that someone has X working with it and that I don't have to code
in console for the months to come ...

thanks ;)

--
strlcat,strlcpy:
"This is horribly inefficient BSD crap. [...] This is why you use:"