Hello.

I found another issue with KDE in OBSD.  It was there in 3.6, and
persisted in 3.7 when I upgraded.

My battery monitor would show in the lower right hand corner in the
kpanel (kicker) as root -- but  not as another user.  When I went to
kcontrol and clicked on Power Control:Laptop Battery, the application
would crash.  No errors.

I looked at /dev/apm* and the perms were set to 600 on my apm and apmctl
(and their symbolic links).  I changed them to 666, and now everything
works swimmingly.

Just wanted to post incase anyone else pulls their hair out over this.
It is frustrating to use a laptop and not know how much time you have
left before it bombs-out!  :)

Ciao,

Chris