On Oct 1, 2005, at 6:34 PM, Chris wrote:

I want to setup a OBSD box for my email server.  It will service
probably about 2 dozen people, but It could conceivably double or more
over the next year or two.

I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for an mta, and for a webmail program that is easy to use and fully featured for users who are
not so computer savvy.

I am pretty comfortable with Sendmail, but I hear a lot of people are
moving more toward postfix (which I know nothing about).

I am at a loss for a good web interface.

Anyone care to make any recommendations?

Everyone has their own favorite MTA; mine happens to be Postfix. I use Squirrelmail on one server, it's fine for basic webmail and you can't beat the easy installation. For users that want a "prettier" interface, Horde/IMP works quite well, even in the OpenBSD httpd chroot. I no longer run the ports version, installing manually from source is no less difficult and allows you to keep up with the more current releases. I also happen to use Turba (address book), Kronolith (shared calendar), Nag (shared tasklists), and Whups (ticket system). I've encountered some small issues with Kronolith, everything else seems production-ready.

--
Jason Dixon
DixonGroup Consulting