Hi,

I'm having some issues with network connectivity on a system. When doing
netstat -ns, I get a lot of errors with missed PCB cache, drops due to no
socket. I have already increased the TCP and UDP send and receive space up
to 262144, but the error counters are still increasing. One of the highest
impacts is a lot of false positive alerts in our monitoring system since
this generates a lot of errors with the SNMP monitoring, which has a lot of
high rate UDP bursts.

The systems are a pair of Dell 1950s with dual Xeon 5130 2GHz CPUs and the
network cards are Intel PRO/1000 PT (82571EB). The running version is 4.8
GENERIC.MP#335 amd64. All they are doing is routing and filtering with PF
and PFSync.

Any idea what else I could tweak or modify to rectify these errors? Let me
know if there is anything else that I should include to provide additional
information.

Thanks,
Steve Johnson