On Mon, 21 Mar 2011 12:53:51 +0000, Kevin Chadwick wrote:

>On Mon, 21 Mar 2011 13:00:09 +1100
>Rod Whitworth wrote:
>
>> Not true. See a follow up mail written by a total expert about the
>> Viking:
>> http://www.mail-archive.com/misc@openbsd.org/msg76549.html
>> ;-)
>>
>Not true, asin not adsl2+ or no onboard os?
>Couldn't find that info unless you mean it being referred to as adsl,
>
>If it's true they should change they're data sheet and product
>description.

It is ADSL2+ and it is a NIC so, if there is any OS on it, it doesn't
really matter because it's only processing the signal.

Here is the nice simple description on my local distributor:
http://www.yawarra.com.au/product.php?productCode=XC-P-ADSL2-V

>> Don't know the other one but I hate PPPoE which has no reason to
>> survive in the ADSL world.
>
>Except I'm pretty sure there is no adsl2+ pure modem for OpenBSD.

The Viking IS for any OS that supports a Realtek NIC.

Personally I prefer the blinkenlights external ones anyway. If I'm away
from my office the prepared spares and their wallwarts are easily
swapped in by an untech in the event of a failure.

*** NOTE *** Please DO NOT CC me. I <am> subscribed to the list.
Mail to the sender address that does not originate at the list server is
tarpitted. The reply-to: address is provided for those who feel compelled to
reply off list. Thankyou.

Rod/
---
This life is not the real thing.
It is not even in Beta.
If it was, then OpenBSD would already have a man page for it.