Hi,

> ospfd does not need any of the multicast options. ospfd uses the
> IP_MULTICAST_IF socket option and bypasses the routing table lookup by
> doing so. rtadvd and many other daemons do it in a similar way.
> The multicast_host option is only needed for applications that do not use
> the special multicast setsockopt()s.

Thanks for enlightening me.

> E.g. gre(4) needs the net.inet.gre.allow sysctl to be set to 1.

The key has been set to one and when I run tcpdump on the interface I see the
LSAs from the router on the opposite end but the local ospfd doesn't emit any.
Running:

ramen:~> ospfctl show interfaces
Interface   Address            State  HelloTimer Linkstate  Uptime    nc  ac
vr0         172.22.94.67/27    DOWN   -          active     00:00:00   0   0
gre0        172.22.94.67/32    P2P    00:00:02   unknown    09:49:30   0   0

I see what I think I'm supposed to see. Starting ospfd in debug mode doesn't
reveal any anything of value:

orig_rtr_lsa: area 0.0.0.0
orig_rtr_lsa: stub net, interface vr0
if_fsm: event UP resulted in action START and changing state for interface vr0
from DOWN to DOWN
orig_rtr_lsa: area 0.0.0.0
orig_rtr_lsa: stub net, interface vr0
orig_rtr_lsa: stub net, interface gre0
if_fsm: event UP resulted in action START and changing state for interface
gre0 from DOWN to P2P
spf_calc: area 0.0.0.0 calculated

The config looks like this:

router-id 172.22.94.67
fib-update yes

auth-type none
hello-interval 10
retransmit-interval 5
router-dead-time 40
transmit-delay 1

# areas
area 0.0.0.0 {
        interface gre0 { metric 10 }
        interface vr0 { passive }
}

Any ideas where I could have misconfigured anything?

Best Regards,
Benjamin Kiessling