From: Ingo Schwarze <schwa...@usta.de>
To: Stefan N <stefanbsd...@yahoo.com>
Cc: misc@openbsd.org
Sent: Tue, May 10, 2011 10:50:58 PM
Subject: Re: Creating release using site48.tgz

Hi Stefanus,

Stefan N wrote on Tue, May 10, 2011 at 06:51:53AM -0700:

> I was making the site48.tgz for testing
> and there is only /etc/rc.firsttime.

That's the one file you don't want to put in there.

[...]
> However, after I log in to the new system, the new users
> that I created (using some command line on /etc/rc.firsttime
> file inside site48.tgz) do not exist at all.

Quoting from

  http://www.openbsd.org/faq/faq4.html#site

  "This will happen if install.site is used to append any such commands
   to an rc.firsttime(8) file (appending to this file is neccessary since
   the installer itself may write to this file)."

I guess your rc.firsttime was overwritten by the installer.

Yours,
  Ingo