2011/5/15 Ted Unangst <ted.unan...@gmail.com>:
> On Sat, May 14, 2011 at 4:05 PM, Amit Kulkarni <amitk...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Determining which package needs rebuilding is really hard. B It's much
> easier to install a complete matched set.

I believe some Linuxes do something like 'find /usr/local/lib -name
lib*.so* -exec ldd {} ";" > stuff' and then match stuff's "not found"
lines against all installed packages' PLIST. Is there more difficulty
to it?
I mean, besides that OpenBSD's ldd fails to write anything if only one
library is missing, but that can't be too hard to write/port, can it?

And yes, it's painfully slow and stupid, but fortunately for us
unneccessary most of the time.

By the way, with the vmmap diff firefox4 and everything works just
fine for about 3 days now. Thanks!

--
Martin Pelikan