On Sun, 15 May 2011 06:47:54 +0200
"Timo Schoeler" <timo.schoe...@riscworks.net> wrote:

> -- Urspr. Mitt. --
> Betreff: Re: xxxterm and firefox35 May 11 snapshot
> Von: Tomas Bodzar <tomas.bod...@gmail.com>
> Datum: 15.05.2011 01:38
>
> On Sun, May 15, 2011 at 1:16 AM, Ed Ahlsen-Girard <eagir...@cox.net>
> wrote:
> > On Sat, 14 May 2011 11:15:43 -0400
> > Ted Unangst <ted.unan...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> Delete all packages, reinstall them. B This happens when firefox
> >> and gtk are built on separate days. B The pkg system does a good
> >> job tracking version numbers, but the contents of a pkg can depend
> >> in subtle ways on what else is installed and that's not reflected
> >> in the version number.
> >
> > Deleted all (that was ugly) and reinstalled (same). B Now, firefox35
> > complains that it's already running, even though it's not.
>
> Did you delete all of those . directories in your home as well? Like
> .mozilla, .gconf, .gcond, .config and others?

I deleted the hidden directories listed above, but not every single
hidden directory. Firefox and xxxterm are still misbehaving.

e.g.: FF blows up changing pages in FaceBook and any page at National
Review.  xxxterm blows up trying to go to Gmail.

Wondering if I need to wait for packages to bump.  Or if even that will
suffice.

--

Edward Ahlsen-Girard
Ft Walton Beach, FL