On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 8:28 PM, Tomas Bodzar <tomas.bod...@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Thu, May 19, 2011 at 3:17 AM, Michael <ber...@opensuse.us> wrote:

> >> Sorry, didn't write that correctly. Meant that the fan starts blowing on
> >> high, and stays that way the whole time OpenBSD is booted.
> >> The kate temp never drops, so fan stays on.

> >> Just wondered about the "AMD64". Guess it is there for 64 bit machines.
> >> Mine is 32.
> >>

> >> Thanks for the ampd -C setting. I'll try that as soon as I reboot.
> >>

> > I added apmd_flags="-C" to /etc/rc.conf.local, rebooted and it didn't
> appear
> > to change anything. After being logged in console for about 1/2 hr,
> acpitz
> > and kate temps dropped 1 degC. Fan kept blowing (I assume on high) the
> whole
> > time.
>
> OT - why did you google for hw.setperf???? man apm is not enough?

I didn't :)
That was the answer I found. I went through some of my history to see what
led to that answer, but there were so many like openbsd+high temp,
kate+openbsd, kate+high temp+openbsd, etc. I didn't find the correct link to
that answer.
I'll look some more. I even went to marc and searched openbsd-misc and
openbsd-newbies.

Not knowledgeable enough to man apm. I assumed the kate temp was wrong or
what was causing the fan to run so fast/high, so I did a man kate. Reasoning
was that kate was showing the highest temp.

> anyway check with apm if CPU really lower your frequency and with
> systat sensors what other data are available

Thank-you! Will check it out