On Fri, May 27, 2011 at 3:28 PM, Stuart Henderson <s...@spacehopper.org> wrote:
> On 2011-05-27, Eduardo Meyer <dudu.me...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Is there a way bgpctl will produce run-time information not using
>> asdot format?
>
> Not at present, OpenBGP only accepts as-plain for input, it always
> outputs as-dot.
>
> I think we should probably change this, rfc5396 came out a couple
> of years ago and pretty much everyone is using as-plain now. (Even
> though 3.10 looks far nicer than 196618 ;)

Yeah, I agree, but the world seems to prefer plain 4byte (maybe they can read).

BTW I have read in many Cisco[1] documents that asdot is made up of

(PART1 * 65535) + PART2

However OpenBGP does the math as ((PART1 * 65535) + PART2)  + PART1.

How can Cisco be wrong again? lol

[1]http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/iosswrel/ps6537/ps6554/ps6599/white_paper_c11_516829.html

Thanks, Ill do some shell scripting to convert.

--
Eduardo Meyer