On 2011-06-22 03.03, vadi...@gmail.com wrote:
>> Please continue to use Linux.
>> That's ugly, useless and dangerous.
>
> Oops, looks like that was a "holy war" type of question. Sorry I did
> not want to start that.
>
>> If you want Linux, use Linux.
>
> It's not that I want specifically Linux. I've just decided to look for
> a system that cat satisfy me from the usability point of view. I do
> not care if that will be Linux or *BSD or Solaris or whatever  else.
> The main idea was that the work with the system should be a pleasure,
> not a pain :)

What you should do is relearn the proper way. :-)

Consider the fact that Unix have been around since the 1970's, and the
*BSD flavor is as direct a descendant of the original look, feel and
intent as you can possibly find today.

Linux is, in that regard, an abomination. It's the bastard child of
someone not properly trained in the "unix way", who made stuff up
as he went without regard for history, continuity, elegance or, for
that matter, backwards compatibility.

I feel the same way as you do, only the other way around. I really
can't stand using a linux system for any length of time. Everything
is similar, but different. Or different, but similar. And so darn stupid!

Linus didn't do his homework properly. That, combined with the fact that
Linux became such a huge success is both a blessing and a curse to us
in the unix community; on the one hand Linux provides us with plenty of
young blood in a new generation of hackers... while on the other hand
they can't speak properly!

It's as if they've accidentally gone to veterinary school instead of
medical school, without knowing it. Sure, they'd know just as much
about anatomy as a real doctor would, but take my advice: if you're
not a horse, don't go there for your pains...

Regards,
/Benny

--
internetlabbet.se     / work:   +46 8 551 124 80      / "Words must
Benny LC6fgren        /  mobile: +46 70 718 11 90     /   be weighed,