On 07/06/11 10:04, Chris Cappuccio wrote:
Jeff Ross [jr...@openvistas.net] wrote:

This hang happens with the 4 different SuperMicro based motherboards
I have that have the lm chipset.

In the second message referenced above I noted that a snapshot dated
May 25 booted normally and I first ran into the problem on June 6 so
the window is fairly small.

Yet, a kernel compiled again Jun 6th sources does not display this behvaior

Well, that explains the problem I was having. None of the kernels I built would hang so I thought I was doing something wrong.

Jeff

Therefore, it is caused by a change that was in the snapshots--but not
committed until later

I was out of town for a week, but will now narrow down when the offending code
was committed since it affects my X7SBL, PDSML, and probably other supermicro
boards that I use in qty...

!DSPAM:4e148bfa98349598613850!