On Jul 17, 2011, at 12:24 PM, Amit Kulkarni wrote:

>> I was just doing pkg_add -ui.  Individual packages might be attempting to
> upgrade to a specific version though, eh?  I was looking for Python 2.7, but
> don't see it anywhere.  I had previously symlinked /usr/local/bin/python to
> the 2.6 version.  Is Python in base now?
>

> Python is not in base, but python2.6 is gone.
> http://www.undeadly.org/cgi?action=article&sid=20110614062504

Initially when I had tried to build from pots in lieu of doing pkg_add -ui I
had run into errors.  It turns out I had some inconsistencies in my local copy
of the ports tree and I had misunderstood the warning about groff.

After wiping /usr/ports and starting over from the snapshot of ports.tar.gz
(and cvs up), I was able to build groff, then the rest of the packages I
needed from ports.

--
bk