Gareth Nelson wrote:

> 2 - About the document content itself:
> I had a brief read over it, what I found missing was using seperate
> filesystems for each client. Ideally, you'd have a seperate subdirectory
> on your diskless server for the root of each client, and possibly do a
> hardlink to /bin etc to avoid redundancy.

Well, except that hard links are filesystem specific, you can't cross
filesystem boundaries with one.

Also, depending on design, you probably actually want a single RO
filesystem to serve as / for all diskless clients, and have smaller
per-client RW volumes (like /etc) or per-user RW volumes (so each machine
is identical and everyone can use each machine).
--
 Matthew Weigel
 hacker