Johan Beisser <j...@caustic.org> wrote:

> Check dhclient.conf(5) and read about the supersede statement.

Thank you very much for your kind answer. Of course I read not
only dhclient.conf (5), but also a lot of man pages, a lot of
postings in the internet. I think, you misunderstood my question.

Again: I dont want that dhclient touch my resolv.conf.

This means that I am also unhappy even if dhclient creates a
resolv.conf containing exactly what I wanted that it contains,
I am also unhapy if dhclient fakes the file metadata, the dates,
in order that it appears as the file were untouched.

If that were the goal, I have another question: I want no
search statement in resolv.conf, the most near to that I get
is a line containing "search ." in resolv.conf with a line
containing

   supersede domain-name ".";

in dhclient.conf. Do you how to get dhclient without it?

But again, I insist in my first question: how I get that
dhclient respect my resolv.conf and do not touch it?

Thanks
SO.