Antoine Jacoutot wrote:
>I use this:
>
>send dhcp-lease-time 3600;
>request subnet-mask, broadcast-address, routers;
>
>And my resolv.conf is not modified.

That's because you happen to be using a DHCP server that has good
enough manners not to try to shove unrequested options (like name
servers) down your machine's throat.  My experience is that there are
in fact quite a few DHCP servers out there which are not so well
behaved.  Then dhclient-script will happily mess with your resolv.conf
even though your dhclient.conf never asked the DHCP server for
anything related to DNS servers.  See
http://marc.info/?l=openbsd-tech&m=131302612614702&w=2 for my complete
opinion on the matter...

Rogier Krieger wrote:
>I do not see why you prefer editing resolv.conf over dhclient.conf,
>though, but I trust you have your reasons.

See the link above.  It "leads to the duplication of information
between /etc/resolv.conf, /etc/resolv.conf.tail, and /etc/dhclient.conf,
and thus has the feel of curing the /etc/resolv.conf symptom instead
of curing the dhclient-script disease :-)" In short, "supersede" and
resolv.conf.tail work but they are aesthetically unpleasing, IMHO (I'm
not speaking for the original poster, who might have a different
rational).

Philippe