* Raymond Lillard <r...@sonic.net> [2011-10-29 08:30]:
> Should the "serial" number contain the duid?  Is this

no.

> expected or did I miss something?  Maybe the "serial"
> relates to hardware raid?

kinda. for hw raids, bioctl shows the serial numbers of the physical
disks there - since they don't show up as indivudual disks anywhere
else really that is the way to get said serials.
now for softraid the raid set is constructed out of partitions, not
raw disks, and the disks holding said partitions show up as regular
disks, so there is no serial in the bioctl output for softraid.

--
Henning Brauer, h...@bsws.de, henn...@openbsd.org
BS Web Services, http://bsws.de, Full-Service ISP