On 12/01/11 10:25, John Tate wrote:
I'm 24 years old. I was a Linux hacker since I was 13. I am a bit of a guru
and do my own Kerberos and such on an all BSD/Linux network. OpenBSD and
Debian Linux. I love OpenBSD, I'm a bit weird because I use bash. I can put
up with being made fun of. At 13 I didn't just start learning Linux I
started learning C++ as well. I failed to apprehend it properly at that
age, but at an older age I relearned it well. I am the guru sort of guy, I
know a hell of a lot but I'm still connecting it and in that sense still
learning.

John, sorry to burst your bubble, but in your case it really must be done.

You are not a hacker.  Really.

You are not a guru.  Really.

You are a kid who is having a great deal of difficulty learning the basics. You say you're 24, but I seriously doubt that, considering you cannot spell "narcissism" and cannot distinguish between "apprehend" and "comprehend". I think you are in dire need of a dictionary (I recommend Oxford).

John, you are a legend, but only in your own mind. Your gun has no bullets; your pencil has no lead; your tree has no wood.

You have some miles to go beyond setting up basic NFS before you can be called a hacker.

This is a good start to your journey:

$ man man

Thanks for the laughs.  No reply is necessary.  Really.

--
Scott McEachern

https://www.blackstaff.ca