Am Fri, 02 Dec 2011 06:13:42 -0500
schrieb Richard Thornton <thornton.rich...@gmail.com>:

> I wanted to use a linux but the only current linux for sparc64 is
> debian 6.03 and it seems incompatible with the rage xl video on the
> sun blade  giving me out of sync errors.  Openbsd seems to have
> better drivers since it works fine.

I don't think that there is a general rule which OS supports sparc
better.

On the one hand I have a Blade-150-workstation that works fine and
stable with OpenBSD for 2..3 years now.

On the other hand I tried to setup OpenBSD on some V240/V245 and ended
with kernel panics during installation process. And on the same
hardware Debian-5 works fine for years - or better "worked" as we're
uninstalling these old servers now due to the energy consumption to
keep them running.

RU,
 Tobias.