> I came to openbsd only recently trying to find a modern OS which will run
> on my old sun blade 100.

Net and FreeBSD probably also support it. Depending on what you want to do
with your system I would recommend OpenBSD or FreeBSD. FreeBSD will have
more current apps (your complaint below) and is a better desktop if you
define a good desktop by more apps and more current apps. I don't need the
latest of anything so OpenBSD works fine for me. However on SPARC I really
like Solaris for a server or desktop. OpenBSD would be better for an
applicance like a router, firewall etc. if you have an extra SPARC box. Then
again Solaris 10 will go away but OpenBSD hopefully is here to stay.

> I wanted to use a linux but the only current linux for sparc64 is debian
> 6.03

Gentoo/Funtoo also run on SPARC64.

> Openbsd seems to have  better drivers since it works fine.

OpenBSD always works fine on everything I have tried it on.

> annoys me.  Also no recent browser support.  Seamonkey 2.04 is old.

What about Solaris 10? The latest Firefox builds are available and so are
very recent copies of almost every app. I build everything else from source
though. If you're going to run an old box you will either need to accept
living with an old OS and old apps or learn to build whatever you want from
source. In some cases the latter isn't possible though.