Is anyone using OpenBSD as the 'front-end' router on a UK fibre (FTTC)
broadband circuit?

We are due to start trialling a 100Mb FTTC broadband and hope to use
an OpenBSD box as the first stage router (i.e. to replace what the
Home Hub would normally do). We know the presentation (from BT) is
ethernet and we will need to use PPPoE. I guess kernel pppoe(4) is the
preferred choice over userland pppoe(8), is that assumption correct?

Despite much searching we have not found any mention of others having
tried this. Can that really be the case or are we rubbish at searching
archives, google etc.?

We will have a block of 8 ipv4 addresses and native ipv6. Userland
pppoe(8) mentions ipv6 support but pppoe(4) does not. Neither mention
configuring for a routable block of ipv4.

I see also npppd but as it's not (yet) being built by default I assume
it's not considered ready.

If anyone has done any of this or has any hints or tips I would love
to hear about it.

Thanks all,
Percy.