> - how would you compare with facts and not flamewars OpenOSPFd against
>  Quagga or BIRD implementations?

This is not technical but...the openbsd ospfd tools does not pretend
to be Cisco and does not mimic the god-awful IOS cli and config
format.
Personally that is something I really, really like.
OpenBSD's ospf v3 may not be up to your requirements but I havent
followed that so it might be usable now.

> - what is your opinion about using a latest version of BIND from ISC
>  instead of the BIND distribution coming with OpenBSD?

I use the OpenBSD nsd from base along with unbound so I can't say.

> - would you consider Java support on OpenBSD "production quality"? Seems
>  irrelevant but we might utilize some Java tools for
>  measurement/statistics

Not using Java for this purpose, or any purpose, so I can't say. We
use SNMP and collectd to get performance metrics.

Cheers,
Lars