On Fri, 2011-12-16 at 21:33 +0000, Stuart Henderson wrote:
> On 2011-12-16, James Shupe <jsh...@osre.org> wrote:
> > Reporting shouldn't be done on your production servers. Set up a
> > centralized syslog server and send your query logs there for analysis.
>
> sending dns query logs via syslog to a remote server? oh man...
>
> how about mirror ports & https://www.dns-oarc.net/tools/dsc

Nice looking tool... I was unaware of it.

I mentioned the remote syslog option because one of the educational
institutions I work for logs all DNS queries to a central server for
monitoring student internet usage. Works fine.

I reckon the tool you linked is a better fit for the op's use, but
assume that they have their own in house software written in Java that
uses either pcap or log entries...

--
James Shupe