On Wed, Dec 21, 2011 at 08:08:08PM -0800, Josh Grosse wrote:

> Woops.  I misread your post.  The commits were September 19, which is
> -current, beyond 5.0-release.
>
> You must either migrate to -current, or await 5.1-release.

Ah, ok, thanks for the clarification. The installboot piece that lets
you install bootblocks on softraid is in 5.0, so when that part worked I
assumed it all was. The dates (commits in Sept, your post in Oct,
5.0 release in Nov) also led me to misbelieve it was in 5.0. But looking
at the changelogs I see the bits that store boot info in softraid
metadata and dynamically figure out the root happened after the 5.0
freeze.

Something to look forward to in 5.1 :). Thanks again...

--
Paul B. Henson  |  (909) 979-6361  |  http://www.csupomona.edu/~henson/
Operating Systems and Network Analyst  |  hen...@csupomona.edu