On Wed, 18 Jan 2012, Theo de Raadt wrote:

> > On 2012 Jan 18 (Wed) at 10:15:34 -0600 (-0600), L. V. Lammert wrote:
> > :Running the find separately identified the file system problem, and
> > :it was easily fixed as a result.
> >
> > So, what was the actual problem?  Permissions?
>
> Idiot near the keyboard.

Guess it takes one to try and identify another!

Seriously, I have nothing but respect for the Dev team, .. which is why
the OP was "has anyone ever seen". I did not EXPECT support from Dev's,
so, to some degree, your insistance on upgrading was totally OT and not
worth posting.

Someone may experience a similar problem in the future, .. and as was
mentioned, others have in the past. The solution posted may be of help in
such cases.

        Lee