hmm, on Mon, Oct 31, 2005 at 03:05:49PM -0700, Theo de Raadt said that
> > I'd love to see a bootable OpenBSD desktop CD with all applications
> > tightly wrapped by systrace, so I don't need to recreate and redistribute
> > the boot disk after each new Firefox, GAIM, etc exploit.
>
> It is really unfortunate that I have never seen a perfect systrace
> policy.  Not once.
>
> Not even for small programs like ping.
>
> People just don't like what system calls libraries do on their behalf.
> It is really quite depressing.
>
> So people end up using systrace to break their applications further.

hm.  does this mean that systrace is not a good idea anymore?
i mean it was a big something when it landed in openbsd but
somehow it didn't get off....

i also don't see its main developer around here anymore,
sorry i forgot his name....

-f
--
careful planning will never replace dumb luck.