On Thu, Jan 26, 2012 at 11:54 AM, Indunil Jayasooriya
<induni...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I am wrinting /etc/ifstated.conf file.
>>>
>>> But , I still haven't achieved it. Could you pls help me to solve this.

I've attached two files, my ifstated.conf and manage-routes.sh, a
script I wrote for adding and removing routes based on the current
state from ifstated.

>From your example, you cannot ping google to check if a specified WAN
link is up while the gateway for that specific link is not in the
routing table because it will be unreachable (Especially when both
links are down, ifstated will have no way of pinging google and they
will remain down.) That is why I have chosen to ping the gateways of
my WAN links instead. I have been toying around with the idea of a
multistage check that first pings the gateway, then google but I have
not tested it yet.

Hope this helps.

--
Justin Jereza
LPIC-2

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type application/octet-stream which had
a name of ifstated.conf]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type application/x-sh which had a name
of manage-routes.sh]