> anyway, I came across this below URL ( it is for Linux with fail over)
>
> http://tech.gaeatimes.com/index.php/archive/how-to-load-balancing-failover-with-dual-multi-wan-adsl-cable-connections-on-linux/
>

> They are doing it. Your comments?
>
> Can I apply this to OpenBSD 5 ?

1. As far as I know, only equal cost multipath routing works on
OpenBSD. There is no support for weighted multipath routing. This can
conceivably be simulated by using probability in pf but I have not
tested it and I do not know how performance will be affected by the
dropped packets.

2. A modern Linux distro should have dead gateway detection built-in
so compiling a custom kernel should not be necessary.

3. That page shows RFC 1918 addresses being used in between the CPEs
(Which act as NATs.) and the load balancing gateway. I would use a
public IP address instead because I would rather implement the NAT in
OpenBSD. This reduces the number of hops required to reach any
external address by one (assuming the CPE is configured for bridging)
as well as reduce the possibility of a double NAT being implemented
while giving me the capability to use other OpenBSD features like
altq.

4. I do not see how the alternate script provided by that page can
automatically recover from a situation where both WAN links are down
since a multistage ping check is not being employed either.

Regards,

--
Justin Jereza
LPIC-2