On 02/15/12 03:23, David Vasek wrote:
> On Tue, 7 Feb 2012, Nick Holland wrote:
>
>> Just put the fdisk partition in place on every disk you want to use on an
>> i386/amd64 and all other fdisk platforms.  There are no good reasons not to,
>> there are a lot of good reasons to do so.  All the tools assume this is how
>> the system is laid out...they are not tested otherwise. ...
>
> Do softraid disks and vnd's count as disks here too? Thanks.
>
> Regards,
> David

the softraid(4) man page says so, so guess what my answer is? :)

What's the issue with doing things as advised?
What is the goal?
Bragging rights? "look what I got away with!"?

Not worth it.

[note: there is some question if this is desired in non-fdisk platforms,
but that's not the OP's question...and the man page still says use it]

Nick.