On 03/07/12 18:32, Marc Espie wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 07, 2012 at 10:10:12AM -0500, Nick Holland wrote:
>> yes, scrollback is something that was sacrificed on the installer to
>> keep it able to fit on a floppy (contrary to another contribution to
>> this thread).  Unfortunate, annoying, and unfortunately, I got no
>> better ideas.
>
> Is it true for all images ? I figure the ramdisk_cd and bsd.rd images
> probably have room enough for console scrollback, don't they ?

It's true for all images install images, yes.
(and that's for i386, amd64.  Most other platforms don't have any kind
of scrollback at all).

I would guess bsd.rd would have space, if the scrollback were to be
separated out.  Without looking (i.e., I'm about to make a fool of
myself), I think it is part of the "option SMALL_KERNEL", so to put it
in bsd.rd (=cd ramdisk) would require breaking out the code...not sure
how that would go over.

um.  I am so out-of-line commenting to Marc Espie about code...  *sigh*

Nick.