Overview... because something between my laptop and home has a nasty habit
of eating IM messages, I'm trying to get talkd(8) running so I can use SSH
to talk with family while away.  However, something's not right.  Base info:

$ uname -a
OpenBSD zzzz.dyndns.org 4.4 GENERIC#1021 i386
  (yes, I know it's old... I just haven't seen any errata that affect what
I'm doing)

$ cat /etc/inetd.conf | grep ntalk
ntalk           dgram   udp     wait    root    /usr/libexec/ntalkd
ntalkd

$ netstat -a | grep talk
udp        0      0  *.ntalk                *.*

$ who
czakelj  ttyp0    Mar 27 10:11   (w.x.y.z)
testuser    ttyp1    Mar 27 10:13   (w.x.y.z)

$ talk testuser
.
.
-------
.
.
talk: Couldn't bind to control socket: Can't assign requested address
$

So near as I can tell, ntalk(8) is being started at boot, it is running,
but something won't let it connect with itself.  pf(4) is NOT running on
this box (the firewall is upstream).  Suggestions?