Hi Martin

Aha!  Sounds complicated, and a bit different to my situation, so I am replying
back to the list. :/

My ISP provides native dual stack IPv4 and IPv6 over PPPoE.  The IPv4 address
is static, and the IPv6 address is dynamic.

I've tested connecting with the PPPoE client on MacOSX and can then ping6 to
test hosts. It works.

I wish to get both working on OpenBSD, pppoe(4), but do not know
  (a) if it supported, and if so,
  (b) the hostname.if / ifconfig syntax to bring it up with IPv4 and IPv6 on
the pppoe interface.

If someone out there can enlighten me, I would be greatful.

.d.d.