On Wed, 2012-05-09 at 11:53 -0400, S. Scott wrote:

> Good luck with your malicious administrator and the other 999,999
> things you really need to be concerned about.

It's more of the DAC silliness: "you're not secure because you trust
your systems administrator; I don't have to do that... (I just have to
trust the person who administers the DAC rules)".

Note the money sentence at the end of the case study:

"Currently, the only secure way to use ssh or sftp on a UNIX/Linux
machine to connect with mission critical server is using our AutoSSH
and/or AutoSFTP: only our AutoSSH and AutoSFTP can detect
truss/tusc/strace and dtrace attack, and detect Trojan Horse attack.
Using AutoSSH and/or AutoSFTP with public/private key pair with pass
phrase protection for the private key is the most secure way of
connecting with mission critical servers"

Right... because AutoSFTP and AutoSSH do not allow an administrator to
tamper with *them* at all?

Weldon